Candel Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of viral based immunotherapies for the treatment of solid tumors. Candel’s products are designed to significantly help patients fight their cancer while maintaining quality of life from early to late-stage disease. Join our rapidly growing company where you will work in an environment that values innovation, scientific rigor and a “can do” attitude. We care deeply about our team, our patients, and our community. We have a robust pipeline of investigational drug candidates in phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trials in prostate, brain, lung, and pancreatic cancers. Please visit www.Candeltx.com for additional information.
Join Candel Therapeutics and make an impact as Senior Director/Vice President Discovery and Preclinical Research. You will guide the planning and decision making across multiple functions to develop new therapies for cancer patients. This is a great opportunity for an innovative scientist to support the establishment of new discovery programs in the field of viral oncolytic immunotherapies.
- Overseeing the creation and preclinical development of new product candidates in a largely externalized model
- Direct management of academic, industrial and CRO collaborations
- Ensuring the discovery portfolio is aligned with the disease area strategies and prioritizing appropriate activities
- Assessing external early phase opportunities to advance Candel’s portfolio
- Provide scientific and operational support of programs through Pre-Clinical Proof of Concept and IND
- Establishing and maintaining a culture of rigorous data driven decision making
- PhD, MD/PhD or MD with deep discovery expertise in Biology, Immunology, or related field
- Strong experience and solid background in immunology or immuno-oncology
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Experience with viruses is a plus
- Strong track record of developing and advancing drug candidates to the clinic
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Interested candidates please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org