Our Culture: Why work with us?
Our most valuable resource is our people–with a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, opinions, and life experiences. There’s a dedication to one another that’s palpable. We hire kind, smart, creative, passionate professionals who are always learning and teaching. We’re incredibly proud that as we’ve grown, our vibrant culture has remained steadfast. We continue to build a culture of collective hard work without egos. Leaders are transparent, accessible, honest, authentic, and invest in their employees. “We’re all in this together,” is our company’s mission.
Candel Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of viral based immunotherapies for the treatment of solid tumors. Candel’s products are designed to significantly help patients fight their cancer while maintaining quality of life. We have a robust pipeline with clinical assets in phase 1, 2 and 3 for the treatment of prostate, brain, lung, and pancreatic cancers. Candel is a newly public company having completed its IPO at the end of July 2021. Please visit www.candeltx.com for additional information.
What’s in it for you:
The Discovery group is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative Research Associate to join a team focused on supporting Candel Therapeutics’ next-generation viral immunotherapy platform, enLIGHTEN. This Research Associate will contribute to the enLIGHTENTM Discovery Platform with hands-on experimental work in the laboratory, including tissue culture, flow cytometry, and cell-based assays.
What we’ll need from you:
- Maintain mammalian cell culture operations including cryopreservation/recovery, routine cell culture, and banking of cancer and immune cells
- Perform a variety of in vitro and ex vivo immune cell-based assays to test novel viral vectors
- Participate in sample processing and flow cytometry analysis
- Document experiments, analyze data, and report results using electronic laboratory notebooks
- Support general laboratory operations
- Contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced scientific culture that embraces creativity and innovation
- MS degree in biotechnology, biology, or related field with 1-3 years of relevant industry experience or BS degree with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience with aseptic technique, mammalian cell culture, and cell-based and other analytical assays (e.g., cell viability assays, ELISA)
- Previous experience in flow cytometry and immune cell culture is preferred
- Knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and GraphPad Prism
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication, strong record-keeping skills, and attention to detail
A fundamental belief held by the Candel Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large. Please visit www.candeltx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology. For consideration, please submit CV.
Interested candidates please submit your resume to email@example.com