Our Culture: Why work with us?
We value the diversity of backgrounds, ideas, opinions, and life experiences that our team members bring to Candel. There’s a dedication to one another that’s palpable. We hire kind, smart, creative, trusting, passionate professionals who are always learning, and teaching and putting the patient first. We’re incredibly proud that as we’ve grown, our vibrant culture has remained steadfast. We continue to build a culture of collective hard work without egos, instilling mutual trust and accountability. Our Leaders are accessible, authentic, and invest in their employees. We believe in giving team members freedom with accountability”, meaning our focus is on results, not where and when employees work. “We’re all in this together,” is our company motto.
Candel Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of viral based immunotherapies for the treatment of solid tumors. Candel’s products are designed to significantly help patients fight their cancer while maintaining quality of life. We have a robust pipeline with clinical assets in phase 1, 2 and 3 for the treatment of prostate, brain, lung, and pancreatic cancers. Candel is a newly public company having completed its IPO at the end of July 2021. Please visit www.candeltx.com for additional information.
What’s in it for you:
This is an exciting time to join Candel Therapeutics as we are finished with construction of our first manufacturing suites/labs, and you will be one of the first employees to work in our new facility.
A day in the life of this role:
- Identify and keep track of critical materials used in unit operations characteristic of purification processes for recombinant proteins: Filters, Columns, Resins, Clarification devices etc.
- Actively participate in support duties related to operation of a process development laboratory
- In collaboration with lead scientists, execute experiments to identify and optimize critical operating parameters for the purification of viral vectors at small and pilot scales
- Provide support to the downstream team during the harvest of Cell culture bioreactors.
- Participate in the analysis and characterization of in-process samples and drug substances
- Make detailed observations about progress of experiments and document observations in paper or Electronic Laboratory notebook.
- Assist with the development of SOPs and batch records for use in the manufacturing facility or external CMOs.
What will make you a good fit with this role:
- Perseverance: You have a “can do” attitude and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and pitching in. You always go above and beyond.
- Intellectual curiosity: You enjoy thinking deeply. You have a thirst for learning. You relish in sharing knowledge and know how to have fun doing so!
- Daring: You are comfortable taking risks and (appropriately) pushing boundaries. You work hard and challenge the status quo.
- Comradery: You build genuine relationships. You trust your co-workers. You truly enjoy working together and understand we are all more successful when we work as a team.
What we’ll need from you:
- Degree in Biology, Biochemical Engineering, or Biochemistry,
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years or MS with one years of related experience in protein purification or downstream processing.
- Demonstrated experience in column chromatography purification. Preferably with AKTA, or Protein Maker platforms.
- Familiarity in operating and programing any of the following software packages: Unicorn, ChemStation, or ChromLab.
- Hands-on experience in laboratory techniques supporting virus, protein, and DNA analysis such as: SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, BCA, residual DNA, HPLC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven Skills in Excel.
- Experience in cell culture is desirable but not indispensable
- Knowledge and experience in depth filtration, ultrafiltration, or diafiltration is a big plus.
- Ability to work independently
A fundamental belief held by the Candel Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large. Please visit www.candeltx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology. For consideration, please submit CV.
Interested candidates please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org