Candel Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of viral based immunotherapies for the treatment of solid tumors. Candel’s products are designed to significantly help patients fight their cancer while maintaining quality of life – from early – to late-stage disease. Join our rapidly growing company where you will work in an environment that values innovation, scientific rigor and a “can do” attitude. We care deeply about our team, our patients, and our community. We have a robust pipeline of investigational drug candidates in phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trials in prostate, brain, lung, and pancreatic cancers. Please visit www.Candeltx.com for additional information.
This is an exciting time to join Candel Therapeutics as we are almost finished with construction for our first manufacturing suites/labs, and you will be one of the first employees to work in our new facility.
- Development and performance of recovery and purification processes for use in clinical and commercial manufacture of viral vectors.
- Design and execution of multiple aspects of small-scale viral vector purification operations in lab/pilot scale setting, including chromatography, and membrane filtration separations (TFF, UFDF, microfiltration, and depth filtration).
- Participate in project teams and in the scale-up and technology transfer of purification processes to drug substance manufacturing.
- Independently execute experiments, record, and analyze experimental data, propose conclusions, and recognize issues.
- Participate in investigating and evaluating novel technologies to improve current purification processes.
- Write and review technical development reports and provide project updates in written and oral presentations.
- Collaborate and provide purification support to other departments such as upstream cell culture/viral vector production development, analytical development, manufacturing sciences, and quality assurance groups.
- Develop SOPs and batch records for use in the manufacturing facility.
- Provide guidance/direction to associate(s).
- S. or M.S. in bio/chemical engineering, biochemistry, or related disciplines. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience preferably including process development/manufacturing industry experience and experience in a GMP environment. Functional understanding of cGMP principles is required.
- Hands-on experience with GE AKTA or similar chromatography systems and Spectrum, Pall, Sartorius or similar TFF systems is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of resin and membrane-based chromatography.
- Experience with the development of recovery and purification processes for viral vectors is preferred.
- Familiarity with analytics such as cell based and non-cell based virus quantification assays, protein and DNA quantification assays, ELISAs, other biochemical assays, is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced growing Company.
- Strong computer skills and good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of general principles and practices of process validation is preferred.
Interested candidates please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org