Candel Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of viral based immunotherapies for the treatment of solid tumors. Candel’s products are designed to significantly help patients fight their cancer while maintaining quality of life – from early- to late-stage disease. Join our rapidly growing company where you will work in an environment that values innovation, scientific rigor and a “can do” attitude. We care deeply about our team, our patients, and our community. We have a robust pipeline of investigational drug candidates in phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trials in prostate, brain, lung, and pancreatic cancers. Candel is a newly public company having completed its IPO at the end of July 2021. Please visit www.candeltx.com for additional information.
We are seeking a Deputy Corporate Counsel who thrives in a rapidly growing, high-performing, nimble and collaborative corporate environment. This is a unique opportunity to be a key contributor to all aspects of our newly public, rapidly growing company. You will have a broad scope of responsibilities and you’ll play a key role in defining our business processes and our legal procedures and public filings. You will serve as our primary legal counsel and a trusted business partner for the management team. Competitive level of compensation including salary, bonus and stock options.
The Deputy Corporate Counsel role will provide comprehensive legal direction to a wide variety of functions at Candel Therapeutics. This position requires an individual with strong interpersonal and organizational skills and someone with a solutions-oriented approach to issues.
This position requires an attorney with experience working with entrepreneurial technology-based companies, preparing and managing filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, reviewing and negotiating contracts and agreements, debt and equity financings and working to develop and implement policies and procedures. Further, the position will work with other members of the management team in managing the interface with outside corporate legal counsel and patent counsel. This attorney will have a focus on business-minded advice regarding company legal matters and counsel for senior business leadership and will proactively identify potential legal risks; conduct thorough and reasoned analysis of complex legal issues, advising stakeholders in a manner that provides practical legal advice while properly managing risk to the organization.
- Provide support and guidance on issues regarding product supply, clinical trial execution and ad hoc issues.
- Partner with and advise Compliance function on development and implementation of effective compliance policies, standards, procedures, and training.
- Maintain current knowledge of laws and regulations related to bio/pharmaceutical research, development, and commercialization.
- Foster a culture of ethics and transparency and collaborate with all functions to support culture of compliance.
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts relating to the company’s business and commercial relationships, such as CDAs, master services agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, , clinical trial agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Licensed attorney with 5 to 10 years of experience working at a law firm or combined experience working for entrepreneurial technology-based companies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a law firm providing services to technology-based companies and preferably publicly traded clients.
- Knowledge and experience advising on regulations and laws impacting the biopharma industry, including but not limited to, FDA regulations and guidance documents, anti-kickback laws, competition laws, reimbursement and coverage, privacy, industry codes, good clinical practice guidelines.
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of contracts in the commercial and R&D space.
- The ability to calmly handle and prioritize competing, high-pressure demands is required. You must be diligent and proactive, show excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including experience coordinating with cross-functional teams, as well as providing sound business and legal judgment, and strategic and analytical thinking.
- Self-motivated, practical, and interested in working on a wide range of legal matters to lead the Company on legal implications of its business strategy.
- Experience working with all levels of management and key business stakeholders with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate legal risks to executive leadership and senior management.
A fundamental belief held by the Candel Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large. Please visit www.candeltx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology. For consideration, please submit CV.
Interested candidates please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org