Candel Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of viral based immunotherapies for the treatment of solid tumors. Candel’s products are designed to significantly help patients fight their cancer while maintaining quality of life – from early- to late-stage disease. Join our rapidly growing company where you will work in an environment that values innovation, scientific rigor and a “can do” attitude. We care deeply about our team, our patients, and our community. We have a robust pipeline of investigational drug candidates in phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trials in prostate, brain, lung, and pancreatic cancers. Please visit www.candeltx.com for additional information.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and detail-oriented Controller to join our Finance team. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for supervising all accounting activities, external reporting and further developing the accounting team. As this is a highly visible role, the ideal candidate must have demonstrated success in building, improving, optimizing, and scaling business processes across the organization. In addition, they will inspire excitement and results in others and have the confidence and credibility to partner with all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for supervising all day-to-day accounting activities, including hands on responsibility for technical accounting, audit, tax, and statutory reporting, and treasury
- Lead the preparation of the financial reporting aspects of Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
- Manage the SEC filing process ensuring all filings are completed timely and accurately while working closely with teams across the company in accounting, legal, human resources, and product development
- Prepare the monthly consolidated financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, statement of stockholders’ equity and cash flows, as well as related footnote disclosures
- Support audit process, including interfacing with auditors, to ensure a transparent and complete audit outcome
- Ensure accounting policies and practices comply with US GAAP and company controls
- Perform period end reviews to ensure accurate and complete financial records
- Support FP&A budgeting and analyses, including review of actual versus plan to understand key business drivers and support managerial decision making
- Act as the company interface to outside vendor who manages the full cycle of stock plan administration, maintains the corporate capitalization table, and supports investor communications
- Lead the search for a new finance and accounting system to achieve continual improvements in process and efficiency
- Builds relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration both inside and outside of finance and accounting
- Manage accounting staff and build team consistent with company growth
- Assist in other areas relevant to financial reporting and technical accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 7 to 12 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles, including US GAAP, and the ability to apply them to new and existing transactions
- CPA strongly preferred
- Audit experience at a Big 4, or other nationally recognized accounting firm preferred
- Experience at a publicly – traded company and with SEC reporting requirements
- Life science company experience helpful but not required
- Financial systems experience including NetSuite or comparable accounting system
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- Proven ability to produce timely and accurate results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve problems with minimal direction.
- Ability to innovate and use technology to improve processes and performance.
- Desire for continuous improvement and challenging the status quo
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail, and organizational skills
A fundamental belief held by the Candel Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large. Please visit www.candeltx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology. For consideration, please submit CV.
Interested candidates please submit your resume to email@example.com