Candel Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of viral based immunotherapies for the treatment of solid tumors. Candel’s products are designed to significantly help patients fight their cancer while maintaining quality of life – from early – to late-stage disease. Join our rapidly growing company where you will work in an environment that values innovation, scientific rigor and a “can do” attitude. We care deeply about our team, our patients, and our community. We have a robust pipeline of investigational drug candidates in phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trials in prostate, brain, lung, and pancreatic cancers. Please visit www.Candeltx.com for additional information.
Join Candel Therapeutics and make an impact as the Chief of Staff. Working closely with the CEO and leadership team, you will be responsible for executing deliverables so that the Company attains its’ goals. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing Company.
Reporting to the CEO, this position will play an essential role in a broad range of activities necessary to drive and manage critical operational and strategic aspects of our growing company. Working closely with the leadership team, this person will support the execution of strategic initiatives through coordination, tracking and monitoring of activities and deliverables for the CEO. In addition, you will integrate internal communications for the Company. You will ensure that the right connections are made on behalf of the CEO for both internal and external activities, facilitating relationships with key stakeholders.
- Act as “thought partner”, broker and early alert to CEO for both internal and external activities.
- Facilitate and manage a broad range of projects to help ensure attainment of strategic priorities consistent with corporate goals. Work with leadership team members individually and collectively on key business projects.
- Ensure that key initiatives in support of Candel’s goals are on track, intervening as appropriate to ensure meeting goals. Monitor and report progress to CEO, triaging and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Work with the leadership team and others to translate strategy into deliverables that can be measured and managed.
- Support the development and preparation of executive-level presentations
- Attend board meetings to take and to distribute notes from the meeting.
- Build and integrate slide decks to prepare for internal and external meetings/presentations.
- Identify and prioritize key issues early and expedite resolution by integrating information search, analysis, and evaluation to provide an informed perspective and propose solutions.
- Effectively prioritize multiple objectives, monitor progress of ongoing activities, and implement course corrections as needed using project management and business improvement capabilities.
- Organize and drive the rhythm of decision making and outputs to feed into key meetings and initiatives.
- Track key initiatives by monitoring progress towards meeting goals, ensuring follow-through on the part of relevant players and sustaining momentum needed to drive these initiatives.
- Influence appropriate stakeholders and ensure appropriate prioritization and project management to support the business in meeting their objectives
- The ability to anticipate and remediate problems that arise is essential
- Strong background in strategy execution and project management
- Strong analytical problem-solving & interpersonal skills,
- Experience with working in high growth, collaborative organizations
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate with and prepare presentations for CEO and senior leadership team.
- Scientific background and experience in the biotechnology industry.
- Previous consulting experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying scientific information in a clear and thorough manner
- Team oriented, highly motivated, execution focused with strong work ethic, ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs – comfortable delivering against challenging commitments
Interested candidates please submit your resume to email@example.com