Our Culture: Why work with us?
Our most valuable resource is our people–with a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, opinions, and life experiences. There’s a dedication to one another that’s palpable. We hire kind, smart, creative, passionate professionals who are always learning and teaching. We’re incredibly proud that as we’ve grown, our vibrant culture has remained steadfast. We continue to build a culture of collective hard work without egos. Leaders are transparent, accessible, honest, authentic, and invest in their employees. “We’re all in this together,” is our company’s mission.
Candel Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of viral based immunotherapies for the treatment of solid tumors. Candel’s products are designed to significantly help patients fight their cancer while maintaining quality of life. We have a robust pipeline with clinical assets in phase 1, 2 and 3 for the treatment of prostate, brain, lung, and pancreatic cancers. Candel is a newly public company having completed its IPO at the end of July 2021. Please visit www.candeltx.com for additional information.
What’s in it for you:
This is an exciting time to join Candel Therapeutics as we are finished with construction of our first manufacturing suites/labs, and you will be one of the first employees to work in our new facility.
A day in the life of this role:
- Participate in the development of cell culture and viral vector production using Adenovirus and Herpesvirus production systems.
- Perform assays in support of process development including cell-based assays, ELISA, HPLC, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, UV-spectroscopy.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner and document in paper or Electronic Laboratory notebook.
- Participate in the development, optimization, and validation of new assays
- Assist with the development of SOPs and batch records for use in Quality Control, the manufacturing facility or external CMOs.
- Interact with other departments such as Viral Vector Production, Downstream Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance.
- Contribute to laboratory support duties associated with operating a process development
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
What will make you a good fit with this role:
- Perseverance: You have a “can do” attitude and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and pitching in. You always go above and beyond.
- Intellectual curiosity: You enjoy thinking deeply. You have a thirst for learning. You relish in sharing knowledge and know how to have fun doing so!
- Daring: You are comfortable taking risks and (appropriately) pushing boundaries. You work hard and challenge the status quo.
- Comradery: You build genuine relationships. You trust your co-workers. You truly enjoy working together and understand we are all more successful when we work as a team.
What we’ll need from you:
- BS degree or MS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related Biological Sciences
- BS, 2-4 years / MS, 0-2 years relevant experience (internship experience can be included)
- Hands-on experience with aseptic techniques related to mammalian cell culture (Vero and HEK293 cells lines)
- Hands-on experience in laboratory techniques supporting virus, protein and DNA analysis: SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, BCA, residual DNA, HPLC, ELISA
- Excellent written and verbal communication, record keeping skills (with strong attention
- Willingness to learn (new methods, drug development processes, new modalities, etc.)
and ability to demonstrate scientific curiosity and innovation.
- Previous experience in small biotech/pharma company a plus
- Previous experience working with viruses a plus
- Ability to work independently
A fundamental belief held by the Candel Therapeutics team is that we have the best chance to achieve our mission by bringing together our collective problem-solving and leadership skills into a single, collaborative front. We look for people who envelop competence and self-awareness, retain the courage to state thoughts, wants and needs, and have the ability to make good judgment calls and decisions. We want people who are undeterred by uncertainty, convert adversity into opportunity, and turn understanding into action while driving motivation for the team at large. Please visit www.candeltx.com for more information.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to participate in groundbreaking technology. For consideration, please submit CV.
Interested candidates please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org